CHECKLIST FOR PLEIN AIR PAINTING WITH PASTELS
PRINT OUT THIS LIST FOR PLEIN AIR PAINTING WITH PASTELS
* Traveling Easel set up or Pastel Box (such as this one from Dakota Pastels)
* Small folding stool (if you use one)
* Pastel Paper - Board and tape - Paper Towels
* Digital Camera - View Finder
* Small Sketch Book - Pencil
* Hand Wipes - Sunscreen - Bug Repellent
* Bag for Trash
* A big Sun Hat - Old Windbreaker
* Drinking Water - Snacks/lunch
* A Swiss Army Knife - A whistle and compass combo
Plein Air Equipment
Return to Home Page
Keep Your Selection of Pastels to a Chosen Few
Before going out plein air painting
with pastels, consider your selection of the pastels you will most likely use carefully.
Taking all 900 different wonderful, yummy sticks of pigment isn't the way to go - tempting as that may be!
I have a small padded box into which I store the pastels I will use during a plein air field trip.
The padding is to keep the pastel sticks intact and not reduced to dust with the jiggling and jostling that happens during transportation.
As with all things plein air, simpler is better, lighter weight is best.